Monday, July 4, 2011

Diamond in the Ruff

In life we are shown a vision that manipulates our minds. Television, movies, Internet has set industry standards that crush a person's self esteem. Losing weight is a billion dollar business. Why? Is it because everybody just wants to be healthy or is it because the world tells you. You can't find love unless you look good. Is it because the world tells you need to be skinny to wear these clothes. Now I like working out and eating right. Not because the world around me tells me to do so, but because I have little ones and I would love to see them grow old and still be able to play with them. I'm not saying don't work out. Life in general is hard but it's even harder when the world measures you by your accomplishments rather than your potential. Life is not about seeing problems but progress. It's not about obstacles but opportunities. Life was not meant to be easy. It was meant to be lived! My pastor spoke on Sunday and said we are to be mirrors. Everybody on this planet is related to someone one way or another. I believe we should all be mirrors. Everybody has special talents, they look different, and act different. I believe we all have the same heart though. God's heart! I'm Christian but you can't see that when you look at me. Unless I have a tattoo on my forehead that says I'm Christian you'll never know. I believe when you look in the mirror you see who you are. There is no hiding. Your past, present and future can be seen in the mirror. So my question is Who are you? Who am I?

People believe in different things but bottom line is everybody on the planet is a sinner. We can't deny that nor can we change it. There is no way we can ever be perfect. When i look in the mirror I see a sinner but I don't see failure. I see potential, I see greatness, and I see hope. I carry God's heart with me and it changes my perspective on life. No matter what the world tells me. God's heart shows me the truth! I'm not perfect. Don't have flashy clothes or a nice car. Not a model like you see in commercials. Don't have a lot of money. Wasn't born into a rich family or a great neighborhood. But, when you see me...you see my mirror! When you meet me, my reflection should bring you comfort and joy because I was meant to love. I was born to serve but I'm not a slave. I was born to save but I'm not a savior. My life can be simple with the basic necessities to live and I still have everything. I may never be famous or have my name in books except for one. Yet, God knows my name and I am written in His book! Being a Christian or non Christian your reflection should always be showing God's heart. I live life because God's purpose lives in me. His Word is my water. His Spirit is my guide and strength. I am in this world but not of it because I know the Truth. My mirror shows my life. Who Am I? I'M A DIAMOND IN THE RUFF!

Yesus Gitano,

Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment